Ethereum core developer Tim Beiko released content from the latest core developer conference, including the difficulty bomb, the progress of the Ethereum implementation layer, and a Protocol Guild plan for client developers.
- Intensive testing of the merged testnet Kiln is underway to ensure all implementations are safe and stable.
- The Ethereum difficulty bomb is expected to arrive in June.
- The next Ethereum upgrade “Shanghai” is currently being drafted. The planned upgrades mainly include EVM upgrade, activation of beacon chain withdrawals, reduction of Layer 2 fees, and other minor upgrades.
- The work on the executable specification of the Ethereum execution layer is progressing smoothly, the next step is to coordinate the EL + CL upgrade process.
- Protocol Guild, an initiative to compensate client developers and researchers with tokens for Ethereum-based projects, now has more than 100 members and is about to launch a pilot.
DISCLAIMER: The information provided by WebsCrypto does not represent any investment suggestion. The articles published on this site only represent personal opinions and have nothing to do with the official position of WebsCrypto.