ETH 0.18%-news/">Ethereum core developer Tim Beiko released content from the latest core developer conference, including the difficulty bomb, the progress of the Ethereum implementation layer, and a Protocol Guild plan for client developers.
- Intensive testing of the merged testnet Kiln is underway to ensure all implementations are safe and stable.
- The Ethereum difficulty bomb is expected to arrive in June.
- The next Ethereum upgrade “Shanghai” is currently being drafted. The planned upgrades mainly include EVM upgrade, activation of beacon chain withdrawals, reduction of Layer 2 fees, and other minor upgrades.
- The work on the executable specification of the Ethereum execution layer is progressing smoothly, the next step is to coordinate the EL + CL upgrade process.
- Protocol Guild, an initiative to compensate client developers and researchers with tokens for Ethereum-based projects, now has more than 100 members and is about to launch a pilot.